A blessing of weekly farmer’s market trips is that I have in-season foodstuff in the fridge that wouldn’t necessarily buy in a grocery store. It makes for fun experimentation when in a rush or not. A selection of choice ingredients and this was a delicious lunch.
- Avocado, ripe
- Red radishes, 3-4, thinly sliced and chopped
- Garlic scapes, 2 stems, finely chopped
- Dill, handful, finely chopped
- Lime, 1, juiced
- Red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. or to taste
- Cumin powder, 1 tsp.
- Black pepper
- Pink salt to taste
- Split the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh. An easy way to remove the seed is to hack the knife in deeply length-wise and pull it out. Be careful though to keep hands safe when doing so!
- Mash in a bowl.
- Add the radishes, garlic scapes, dill, lime juice and spices.
- Gently keep mixing till evenly blended.
- Spread out on toasted bread. I used gluten-free Seedy Sandwich Bread. Deep bite and enjoy!