Juicy, crunchy, layered goodness, all scooped in a neat, yummy mouthful! A little prep time and this absolutely delicious concoction is ready. Enjoy!
– ground beef (chuck), 1 lb
– oregano leave sprig
– red chili powder, 1 tsp.
– cumin powder, 1 tbsp.
-dry pomegranate seeds, 1 tbsp.
– sumac, 1 tbsp.
– salt to taste
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 8 whole wheat or gluten-free corn wraps
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 2 limes
– 1 cucumber, slivered
– coriander and mint leaves
– 1/2 butterhead lettuce (leaves separated)
– 2 cups yogurt, whipped
– 3 mild peppers, thinly sliced
– 1 tsp. garam masala
- Combine onion and lime juice and leave to marinate in the fridge earlier.
- Combine the thyme, oregano, chili, cumin, pom seeds and oil and gently mix into the meat (avoid mashing it). Form into kebab around skewers and place in the fridge as you prep the other garnishes.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers, roughly chop up mint and cilantro, separate the lettuce leaves, whip the yogurt (add a splash of water if needed) and slice up the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove kebabs from the fridge and place in a slotted baking dish that will allow the fat to drip down into a separate tray. Grill them for 8-10 minutes turning over once.
- Heat the wraps on a hot girdle with butter and for a minute each side.
- Remove and start layering, a lettuce leaf or two, cucumbers, kebab, onions, chilies, a drizzle of yogurt, garnish with herbs and a dusting of garam masala, voila!
- Wrap it all up and take a big bite!