Basmati rice, 1 cup
Ghee, 1 tbsp.
Cumin seeds, 1 tsp.
Onion seeds, 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds, 1 tsp.
- Rinse rice, cover in 2/3 water, add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When rice is almost done (squeeze a grain of rice between fingers. The grain should be soft with a small, hard center), drain the remaining liquid, replace lid and turn off heat. The rice will steam and the grains will be perfectly separated when served.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. When sizzling add the seeds and let them cook till they become fragrant 2-4 minutes.
- Once done, pour the mixture over the rice and replace lid.
- After a few minutes, uncover and mix to serve.
2 Comments Add yours