A delicious bonus of making broth at home is that you are left with a lot of roasted, melt-in-your-mouth meat. Nicely browned and moist, it is perfect for preparing mini meatballs for the kids or adults to enjoy alike.
- 3 cups or more of shredded meat
- 1 medium boiled potato
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped scallion (whites and greens)
- a handful of chopped parsley
- grated lemon zest
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Boil the potato till soft and easy to mash (30 mins or so). Peel and mash.
- Add the minced garlic, grated zest, scallion and parsley and mix with a fork.
- Add the meat, cheese, and egg and mix loosely again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a splash of water to help blend and form into croquettes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and fry the croquettes all sides until golden brown 6-7 minutes.
- Serves with a side of lemon wedges.